Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Executive & Senior-Level Positions and other Accounting Jobs topics.
What is a Senior Accountant?
A Senior Accountant has a variety of duties and responsibilities dependent upon the industry, firm size, and individual qualifications. In general, the following duties and responsibilities are a sampling of what the Senior Accountant does during their job performance:
- Maintain general ledgers including processing adjusting journal entries
- Oversee, maintain and analyze subsidiary and general ledger accounts
- Coordinate and complete the month-end closing process of the company's financial records
- Maintain fixed assets database including preparing purchase and disposition journal entries, depreciation entries, maintain depreciation schedule, updating asset accounts, utilizing fixed asset accounting software
- Maintain chart of accounts, assure compliance of accounts with financial statement account numbers
- Assist CFO and/or Accounting Manager as needed