Senior Tax Accountant
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Tax Accounting Jobs and other Accounting Jobs topics.
What does a Senior Tax Accountant do?
A Senior Tax Accountant performs a variety of duties relating to helping the company with tax issues. Some of these duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review corporate and individual tax returns
- Research tax issues and report findings to management or requesting party; prepare tax reports
- Update accounting software program with tax related journal entries
- Prepare journal entries to record tax affects each period
- File paper tax returns into company files
- Scan copies of tax returns into company database, if needed
- Work on special tax projects as requested by management
- Review Staff Tax Accountants work
- Ascertain correctness for journal entries and financial reports.
The Senior Tax Accountant reports to the Tax Director, usually. Staff Tax Accountants report to the Senior Tax Accountant. The Senior Tax Accountant requires a Bachelor's Degree, strong analytical skills, and a minimum of four years tax experience - on average.