Skills for Accounting and Finance Jobs
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Skills Needed For Accounting and other Accounting Jobs topics.
What are the most valuable skills for accounting and finance jobs?
In order to make the most of accounting job opportunities or attract the attention of a finance executive recruiter, you need to have the skills. Consider this list of accounting skills and corporate finance skills:
- Theoretical skills based on accounting and finance knowledge
- Mathematical and logic skills
- Basic financial skills
- People, teamwork, and interpersonal communication skills
- Analytical, creative, and innovative thinking skills
- Computer, intellectual, and technology skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Networking skills
The skills required for accounting and finance jobs may also include some industry-specific knowledge that you can get through specialized training, specific degrees, or on-the-job experience. Some examples include budgeting, payroll, auditing, federal and state income tax awareness, spreadsheets, accounting controls, and financial forecasting. Others include the mastery of a variety of financial statements, including balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and cash flow statements.