Senior Consultant Job Description
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Accounting Consultants and other Accounting Jobs topics.
What is in a Senior Consultant job description?
A Senior Consultant will work with managers and directors on client projects to develop accounting, research, analytical, consulting and industry skills, as well as to gain exposure to job administration responsibilities and management techniques.
- Understand technical accounting policy and its application to clients
- Help conduct operational impact assessments
- Assist in the review of internal controls over accounting/finance functions (as required by Section 404 of Sarbanes Oxley Act)
- Understand accounting data, reports, and source documents
- Evaluate a company's finance function, map key processes and identify more efficient processes
- Work in a deadline oriented environment
- Interface with the client in a client setting
- Work independently and in a team setting; multi-task oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimally CPA candidate required; CPA or CIA preferred
- 2 plus years of public accounting/audit experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Strong technical skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access); Visio and SQL a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with respect to travel