So you can get a feel for the information in a resume for a controller position, here is a sample taken from jobbankusa.com:
123 Main Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Home: (555) 555-1234
Cell: (555) 555-1235
To obtain a Controller position with a leading Consulting or Technology Company.
Randyway.com San Mateo, CA
Controller 8/99 to Present
- Manage all day-to-day finances for a late-stage application service provider (ASP).
- Monitor revenue recognition practices to ensure 100% compliance with accounting principles.
- Manage allocation of Company funds, increasing value of holdings by 8% during first year.
- Work with external auditors and investment bankers in preparation for the Company's IPO
- Report directly to the CFO and have frequent interaction with the CEO and Board of Directors
Scion Consulting Group New York, NY
Assistant Controller 11/96 to 8/99
- Worked directly with the Global Corporate Controller for a $2 Billion high-tech consulting firm.
- Prepared and managed the US operating budget, forecasting costs and revenues.
- Part of a team that determined US revenue reporting guidelines for a new product group.
- Implemented an automated data retrieval process for satellite offices, saving $150K annually.
- Promoted from Staff Accountant after only 6 months, the fastest promotion within the department.
Prudex, Inc. New York, NY
Accounts Payable Clerk 8/95 to 11/96
- Managed the accounts payable group for a large clothing manufacturer.
- Negotiated with suppliers and vendors to receive the most favorable payment terms.
- Oversaw and reported on all accounts payable activities to the firm's Assistant Controller.
University of Southern New York Scarborough, NY
BS, Accounting 1995
- Graduated with High Honors, 3.8 / 4.0
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.